This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 03 January, 2015.
Tentatively identified as being carried by the 1st Alabama Infantry, this flag was probably manufactured at Mobile Depot in Alabama and issued to unit in 1863.
The original is housed at the Museum of the Confederacy, and the accompanying documentation, referred to “Rebel Colors” captured by Captain G.V. Kelley, 104th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 23rd A.C. at the Battle of Franklin (TN), November 30th 1864.
This flag measures 36" in the hoist and 51" in the fly. Entirely hand sewn and produced with our own custom dyed 100% wool bunting.